Wow.
I never thought I would ever write that sentence, but in essence, that's the truth.
My flight from Rome to London was cancelled because of the volcanic ash over Europe. I still can't believe it... the situation is too absurd to be true. I'm not mad about it - when I think about it, it makes me laugh - but it does throw a rather large wrench into the conclusion of my Euro trip!
Instead of flying back, I'm taking the train. That's right, travelling from Rome to London by train. I leave Rome in about 2 hours and get to Milan, Italy at 7am in the morning over here. From there, I take another train to Geneva, Switzwerland and another to Paris, getting into Paris around 4pm European time on Wednesday. That's three trains crossing three countries in over 20 hours - this will be quite the capstone to my Euro trip!
Then I'm stuck in Paris until Saturday, because that was the earliest day I could get to London. Yes, it is stuck in Paris... Don't give me any of that mock sympathy saying how much you'd love to be "stuck" in Paris. Though, I am glad I get to visit Paris again. Earlier this semester I was lamenting about how I wasn't able to make it to Paris over spring break.... funny how things work out!
My tutors at Oxford have been extremely flexible about this whole fiasco, which is wonderful. Had I been able to fly, I would have gotten back in just in time for 0th week (the week where we meet with tutors and arrange times for tutorials over the term) but now I get in just in time for the beginning of 1st week, the actual term.
I'll make it home in time for term... it's just going to cost me a small fortune to do it!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment